Monday, February 23, 2015

"layout"


















Obligatory 250 words::
Was looking through my files to find which layout was the one I was going to post. In the past 5 days I've recompiled 5 totally different versions with all sorts of changes in an attempt to find one that works and appeases the most people. Progress is soso. Most of the shots I'm happy with; the cameras are sloppy, but they're progress and at least I can feel that they're getting somewhere; the final showdown scene has been a steaming pile since August and continues to be so. Today's version is a chaotic wrestling match out of the cave that doesn't make much sense but it sets the board up for the tumble off the cliff; so it's not the perfect solution, but it's a compromise that I think will work with the right cameras.
One of the key critiques I've received is that cameras are a bit too sludgy, floating around and snapping in unrealistic ways. Something that I'll need to pay attention to is ensuring that the camera moves feel more realistic, and less 3D. In order for the animation to read convincingly, I need to "shoot the film as if I were shooting it in real life". Basically, I need to cut back on the big orbiting shots that I fall back on for any/every action scene.
Likely will spend this week accumulating more feedback, tightening up these shots and getting a version ready to be shipped for music;;;;