Monday, March 30, 2015

Mashup of Elementacular clouds, mentalRay lights and a few correction layers in AE



The giant void where my knowledge of Lights and Rendering in Maya should be is showing. I know how to do this in Max, but every light in Maya just makes stuff look/feel like plastic :/. The bats are pretty grainy too; only once I start Batch Rendering. 


Another issue too..  clouds require that I render them in Viewport2.0, and the lights need to be blown up to like... 200-300 intensity for it to register. This causes every other object in the scene turns into a white mess. When I have things which need to interact with clouds (Scenes with the temple/cliff wall), I dunno how I can isolate just the clouds, because the light linker doesn't wake up for view port stuff like 2.0. Maybe setting everything else to some surface shader and key them out in post? I dunno what the best workflow for this is. 


hmmmm oh well. another 4am on Sunday post, because there's still work to be done~